SAP provides a number of courses in various functional and technical areas, and it even organizes workshops to train educators to know the best practices followed in technical classroom training. A number of workshops have been organized by the company in various parts of the world and it offers short term courses through various universities where the main course is integrated to university curriculum.
SAP has been promoting education training and therefore, it provides starting level courses, and two to three years course to young professionals who wish to pursue a career in ERP.
Siemens Information Systems Limited is a leading provider of the course and it offers a number of courses which provide complete information related to the operational cycles of ERP. The fee of the modules, such as Supplier Relationship Management offered for five to seven weeks, is Rs 3 lakhs.
There are number of other institutes such as Genovate, Reliance and BCPL that offer courses, and it should be known that there are many institutions in India that do not provide high quality and certified training. Even online certifications courses are provided by many unreliable institutions and one should be careful not to join such institutions.
There are a number of courses provided in various other major cities of India and the cost ranges from Rs 10K to 25K.
Some of the leading providers of the course are
1. In US, Houston Community College provides, course on SAP Configuration Training Program.
2. In UK there are a number of courses provided at universities which are based on SAP technologies such as the M.Sc. degree course provided by Brunel University.
3. Vare House and Texas Technologies are Chennai based training company, which have been providing several courses.
4. In Delhi-NCR region the institutes such as Webcom Technologies, Siemens, Visnova, Genpact, SAP AG provides the course. The course fee varies from $3800 to $5000.
5. Siemens has more than 25 years of experience in providing the course. In India only two institutes are authorized partners: Genovate and Siemens, and the training fees charged is around Rs 3 Lakhs which includes the training and certification charge. It is very difficult to get more than seventy percent marks in the certification exams and for every exam one has to pay the fees that are around Rs 25K. The training does not guarantee a placement and only a fourth of the professional who go for the training get placements.
6. Net Business Solutions is a partner of SAP and provides comprehensive course on the technology and framework.
7. Sapphire Consulting Limited is a Bangalore based organization which has been providing specialized training in related technologies.
8. SAP TechED Bangalore is a growing centre that provides education on the related platform, technology and ERP application.
9. Other institutions in Bangalore are IIHT Bangalore and SAP Labs which provides a base for SAP network, and it has developmental labs in Germany, US, and it is growing its branches in other parts of the world such as China, Bulgaria, Canada and Hungary.